- Documentation T.O.C.
- Creating a Basic Content Page
Creating and Editing Pages
Pages are the most basic building block of a Cyber Publisher website. To create a new page:
- Log into the Cyber Publisher admin.
- Click the Pages link in the admin navigation menu.
- Complete the following fields:
- Page Type - leave this set as "Content Page". "Content Page" is the most commonly used page type, and is the only one that allows for adding/editing content directly in content zones.
- Page Name - This is the name that will be used for identification in the admin. It will also be used in navigation menus if the Navigation Text field is not set, and as the Page/Browser Title if not explicity stated.
- Slug - a URL friendly version of the page title. This field is filled in as you type a page name, but it can be overridden. This field is typically only changed for specific SEO purposes.
- Parent - the parent page in the URL hierarchy. This field plays a role in determining the number of slashes in the page's URL as well as determining where it appears in the admin page tree.
- Sort Value - an integer that represents the relative position of a page in the page tree hierarchy. All new pages default to 0. This field only compares pages on the same level of the page tree hierarchy. If 2 pages have the same number, they will be sorted alphabetically. The order you see in the admin page tree is the same order that user will see on the public part of the site.
- Navigation Text (optional) - this field will override the Page Name in navigation menus.
- Show in Nav - if unchecked, the page will not appear in navigation menus. Useful in scenarios such as landing pages, A/B testing etc.
- Template - determines the page layout and content zones. For example, a Template titled "Content with Sidebar" will typically contain 2 content zones where controls can be added - "Main Content" and "Sidebar".
In addition to the fields listed above, you can also edit "Advanced" fields. See Advanced Content Page Fields for more information. Once the fields are complete, you can add content to the page. See Adding and Editing Content.