- Documentation T.O.C.
Creating New Users
- Log into the Cyber Publisher admin.
- Click the Security > Users link in the admin navigation menu.
- Click the Create a New User link.
- Complete the following fields:
- Username - usernames are unique to each user in the system. This can be an email address, but does not need to be.
- Password - passwords must be between 6 and 12 characters, contain at least one digit and one alphabetic character, and must not contain special characters.
- Re-Type Password - because the password is hidden as you type, re-type the password to make sure that no errors were made.
- Email Address - the email address of the user. Email addresses are unique to each user in the system. Email addresses are used for system function such as password recovery.
- Click the Save button and you will be taken to the Edit User page.
Editing a User
- Return to the Security > Users page and select a user from the list.
- You can edit the Email Address, Username and Password fields accordingly. See above for field descriptions.
- You can assign/unassign the user to various roles by checking and unchecking the selections listed under User Roles.
Additional Information Regarding Roles
Users are assigned to roles to grant them access to areas of a Cyber Publisher site such as the admin, specific pages in the admin, secured web pages etc. For more information, see Roles.